Updating CB and plugins with package

2 years 8 months ago #325806 by zaczeksob
Replied by zaczeksob on topic Updating CB and plugins with package
hello,

Could someone tell me if there are any other apps competing with CB ? Since CB closes the door on the ovh host, many of us have to turn to the competition? The message on "Joomla" ici "Community Builder will no longer be compatible with MySQL 5.6.50-log. The next stable release of Community Builder will be requiring a minimum of MySQL 5.7.8 and recommends MySQL 8.0.25. It's a big big big problem for many people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325808 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating CB and plugins with package
We're currently discussing not moving ahead with the MySQL minimum version change. We do listen to user feedback and the feedback is pretty clear this is too difficult of a change right now. We'll make a blog post if we decide not to require MySQL 5.7.8 minimum and update the banner in a nightly build release. Note the MySQL minimum will still be the minimum for Joomla 4, which is MySQL 5.6.0. The PHP 7.4 minimum however is absolutely happening so please prepare for that at the very least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating CB and plugins with package
We've decided not to go forward with the MySQL 5.7.8 minimum. The banner will be updated in the next nightly build planned for release tomorrow. A blog post regarding this decision will also be made tomorrow. So you shouldn't need to worry about changing hosts anymore unless they won't provide PHP 7.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn