[SOLVED] Update Configuration to new SQL dBase

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325812 by garryg21
Hi
I have the following message on my control panel about updating to MySQL5.7.8

"Community Builder will no longer be compatible with MySQL 5.5.60-0+deb7u1-log. The next stable release of Community Builder will be requiring a minimum of MySQL 5.7.8 and recommends MySQL 8.0.25. Please consider updating to at least MySQL 5.7.8. Contact your host if you are unsure how"

I have now created new SQL dBase 5.7 with my host but I am unsure of how I know link this on Joomla.

Do I just change the details in the Database Settings section or do I have to make any other changes elsewhere within the Joomla application?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Garry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325814 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update Configuration to new SQL dBase
Please see the following blog post regarding upcoming minimum system requirements.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18944-minimum-system-requirements-update

We have decided not to require MySQL 5.7, but will be going with a minimum of MySQL 5.6 instead which is same as Joomla 4. Looks like you were using MySQL 5.5 though so would've needed to update still.

I have now created new SQL dBase 5.7 with my host but I am unsure of how I know link this on Joomla.

I suggest working with your host regarding this. Sometimes you can just upgrade MySQL and it'll run migration on your tables for you and you won't need to do anything further. Other hosts may require a separate database entirely where you'll need to import your data into it.

Do I just change the details in the Database Settings section or do I have to make any other changes elsewhere within the Joomla application?

Depends on if you migrated your existing database or created a new one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325826 by garryg21
Replied by garryg21 on topic Update Configuration to new SQL dBase
Hi

Thanks for your response

Migrated the existing dBase, to an updated version. What do I need to do in Joomla to make the switch over to the migrated dBase?

Thanks for you help
Garry

2 years 8 months ago #325828 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update Configuration to new SQL dBase
Edit configuration.php in Joomla root and ensure the database settings point to your new database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325834 by garryg21
Hi

I am now locked out of my website with the following message
Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /tmp/.priv) in homepages/43/d603848429/htdocs/scotmass/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session

I have been to the configuration.php via filezilla and updated the following fields to the new database settings
public $db =
public $host =
public $user =

But are there any other fields needing updated . The config file does not have 260 lines

Thanks
Garry

2 years 8 months ago #325835 by garryg21
The issue has now been resolved Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn