Compatibility issue

2 months 2 weeks ago #337129 by wilburg
Compatibility issue was created by wilburg
Hey folks,

My websites depend greatly on Community Builder, as well as a form and list management system from Crosstec.de, called ContentBuilder.

ContentBuilder has two things which seem to go away when Community Builder is installed:

In the back end, when creating a View for a list, there is a permissions tab, and under that tab one may create a permissions profile for both the front and back ends of the website.  However, when community builder is installed, the ability to create permissions for the back end disappears.

When a view into a list has been created and one views the list in the front end, a user with permissions should see both a “New” button, and a “Delete” button (assuming permissions for those to processes has been enabled).  This feature works just fine in a website with only ContentBuilder installed, however, when CommunityBuilder is installed, the “New” button disappears.

Have you run into this issue before, and perhaps found a solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337130 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Compatibility issue
I don't see how CB could possibly be causing that unless your 3rd party extension is a CB plugin and isn't using latest CB API. CB doesn't interact with anything outside of itself and nearly exclusively uses our own APIs instead of Joomla's. It also can't style anything outside of itself due to our CSS being namespaced.

In the back end, when creating a View for a list, there is a permissions tab, and under that tab one may create a permissions profile for both the front and back ends of the website

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Can you be more specific? You mean CB > List Management > Permissions? Those permissions are for backend management of userlists they've no impact on frontend.

When a view into a list has been created and one views the list in the front end, a user with permissions should see both a “New” button, and a “Delete” button (assuming permissions for those to processes has been enabled).

CB userlists don't have a new or delete buttons. I assume you mean in ContentBuilder? Sorry, completely lost here. Please attach screenshots with further explanations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn