edit a user in user management=>user name changed to editor's user name

1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #337597 by webmasterACA
Hi support,

I am using version 2.9.1+build.2024.01.30.18.04.53.11a7bf7df of community builder.
I have 'suddenly' a new issue, no idea where it comes from. When I edit an existing user profile in community builder using the user management in backend, logged on as webmaster, and hit 'save' button, the user's name it had before(=his email address in my setup) is replaced by the name of the super user I am logged on with, which of course leads to the error message 'Username : The username 'webmaster' is already in use.'
So I can't make any change whatsoever anymore to any user profile in CB.
Even I have in my config set 'fields validation in user management' set to 'No'.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 2 days ago #337608 by krileon
That's your browsers autocomplete. We already set all the attributes possible on the HTML elements to block autocomplete, but browsers and browser extensions don't have to respect those attributes. Browser extensions tend to be the biggest offenders when it comes to this (e.g. LastPass).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webmasterACA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn