[SOLVED] New to CB couple of questions

13 years 5 months ago #148743 by nicklucas
[SOLVED] New to CB couple of questions was created by nicklucas
Is Community Builder compatible with Mosets Tree?

If, by using the CB Subs, is it possible to allow people to post only a certain amount of listings to the Moset Tree Directory and simple list them on their CB profile?

Is it also possible to make the search default to only one type of member profile if there are multiple options?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/22 21:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #148872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:New to CB couple of questions

Is Community Builder compatible with Mosets Tree?

Compatible in what way? CB has no internal code concerning Mosets.

If, by using the CB Subs, is it possible to allow people to post only a certain amount of listings to the Moset Tree Directory and simple list them on their CB profile?

Only if Mosets has a feature to limit the number of posts a user may make already. CBSubs can not add features that do not exist in an extension. If Mosets already has such a feature then you could use CBSubs SQL Actions for example to perform a database query and adjust that limit.

Is it also possible to make the search default to only one type of member profile if there are multiple options?

What search? Userlist search? Certainly, I recommend reviewing your CBSubs documentation usecases as you'll need to update a Field with say the plan id and then filter a userlist by that field or add an advanced filter that queries the subscriptions database.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/16 19:31

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #148923 by nicklucas
Replied by nicklucas on topic Re:New to CB couple of questions
Thanks for your reply, sorry about the delay in my response, had a few email issues at work to sort out (so far unsuccessfully!).

I'm not techincal in anyway shape or form so I only have a vague understanding of your answer, but essentailly it seems anything is possible.

Basically I'd like a site that has a directory where I can use community biulder to allow users to create a profile and add things to a directory similar to that of Mosets Tree (it will be quite a vast directory).

I would like users to have a free profile listing with limited features and then have a subscription option where they are allowed a certain number of posts to the directory.

Hence the compatibility question.

With regards to the search for members question, I know it was a little unclear so I'll try to explain a little further.

On registration I would ask for instance if they are a company or an individual and would like it so that any searches on show companies and not individuals or maybe give an option to ask if they would like to search for a company or an individual.

I hope that all makes sense

13 years 5 months ago #148940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:New to CB couple of questions

then have a subscription option where they are allowed a certain number of posts to the directory.

This is where the problem occurs. CBSubs can't add features to an extension such as Mosets if that feature does not already exist. CBSubs in strict terms is a access management extension. You subscribe to X and gain access to B for example. If Mosets already has a feature to limit the number of posts a user may make then CBSubs can certainly control it.

On registration I would ask for instance if they are a company or an individual and would like it so that any searches on show companies and not individuals or maybe give an option to ask if they would like to search for a company or an individual.

This is certainly doable, simply create a new Field in Field Management and allow users to search that field in a userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149309 by nicklucas
Replied by nicklucas on topic Re:New to CB couple of questions
Thanks for the reply again. I think the best thing to do is to experiment and see what happens.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn