How to deactivate original users details?

13 years 3 months ago #150016 by coolnet560
How to deactivate original users details? was created by coolnet560
I am trying to install the CB 1.3.1 as well as reading the installation PDF and it tells me this.

You must also deactivate the original Joomla/Mambo User Details item from the same User Menu (if present as it is installed with default data).

Completing the above steps will result in the appearance of a new menu item named CB Profile (or whatever you chose to name it) under the User menu (or whichever other menu you selected) of your Joomla/Mambo driven website. The new item is placed by default in the last position of the User menu (or whichever menu you chose) but you may change its position by clicking on the up arrow in the reorder column in the Menu  User Menu admin panel.

How do I deactivate the original joomla user details from the same user menu? After that what should I do next that says completing the above...?

Thanks for your help.

~cn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150022 by nant
If your Joomla install took place with the sample data option checked then you have a User menu that has a User details menu item - just find it and unpublish it if it exists. It will not really cause any problems other than confusion for your users.

13 years 3 months ago #150067 by coolnet560
Replied by coolnet560 on topic Re:How to deactivate original users details?
Thanks. :)

I am using Joomla 1.5 and it was installed manually not sure if it their might be a difference with it. Is their a way you could give me direction in how to deactivate it? I am looking in User's Manger and I don't see anything deactivate. Also, their are usernames already added. Will it affect it?

13 years 3 months ago #150139 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to deactivate original users details?
What Nick is referring to is a Menu link; this has no relation to User Manager. You need to navigate to Menu Manager and review your menus until you've found the userdetails link created by Joomla. Once done you need to unpublish to delete the link entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154669 by Rockadocious
Replied by Rockadocious on topic Re:How to deactivate original users details?
Hi. I just installed 1.6 and didn't see a userdetails link. Is there something I'm missing.

Thanks!

13 years 1 month ago #158663 by tcgl
Are you referring to "user profile" insted of "User Details"

Menu-> I have -> "User menu"
Click on "User Menu" displays "CB Profile & "Your Profile".

So, are you referring to the "Your Profile" instead of "User Details"?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn