Remove email validation during registration

13 years 3 months ago #150229 by rhammonds
I am a newbie to CB. I have one simple but urgent need - to remove email validation from the CB login page on our website. Please advise the best way of doing so. We are using v 1.3.1.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150233 by nant
rhammonds wrote:

I am a newbie to CB. I have one simple but urgent need - to remove email validation from the CB login page on our website. Please advise the best way of doing so. We are using v 1.3.1.

What do you mean by email validation on login page?
Please clarify.

13 years 3 months ago #150287 by rhammonds
Replied by rhammonds on topic Re:Remove email validation during registration
all we want to do is allow our users to register based on a 1 of 3 profiles to select from. That selection captures their login and adds them to 1 of 3 groups. The CB registration form collects additional data. The Ajax email field can not be disabled, and it always generates an error while, not allowing the user to complete the registration. We don't need it for our project.

13 years 3 months ago #150288 by nant
rhammonds wrote:

all we want to do is allow our users to register based on a 1 of 3 profiles to select from. That selection captures their login and adds them to 1 of 3 groups. The CB registration form collects additional data. The Ajax email field can not be disabled, and it always generates an error while, not allowing the user to complete the registration. We don't need it for our project.

There is a setting to not enable Ajax email checking in frontend - please look at CB Configuration.

13 years 3 months ago #150289 by rhammonds
Replied by rhammonds on topic Re:Remove email validation during registration
Yes, I have selected this, but it checks anyway.

13 years 3 months ago #150332 by krileon
rhammonds wrote:

Yes, I have selected this, but it checks anyway.

Email ajax validation is ALWAYS done from Backend; whether you've enabled/disabled it or not in CB configuration. If it's still showing on Frontend then it's very likely you disabled Username ajax checking and not Email ajax checking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn