Change of user rights upon profile update

13 years 3 months ago #150388 by rdemaat
I don't know it this issue has been posted before, but I couldn't find it with the search.

I am currently running Joomla 1.6 RC in combination with CB1.3.1

The installation worked as a charme however I ran in to the following problem when I was updating user information. Everytime I filled in profile information for one of my users via the front or back end it resets the users rights.

I can still see the user in the joomla user list (via the back end). However it has lost all its rights (blanc box). If that users tries to login to the site it also gets the message that it does not have the correct rights to see that webpage. Even when that particular page has public access. Strangly enough this user than has also dissapeared from the userlist of the CB 1.3.1 component. If I give this user back his rights (via the joomla user management), it suddenly is able to login again and also appears in the userlist of CB itself.

When I open the user via the user-management of the cb component it is also unable to read which rights the user has. It by defealt always shows the user as a registered user instead of say the super user that person was. So I have the feeling that CB is unable to correctly read out the user rights from joomla and upon updating writes the wrong thing back so that even joomla doesn't know which rights that user has.

I was lucky enought to spot this little problem before I logged out of the back end so I could correct it.

*edit* I also noticed that if I add a new user that this new user is shown as "pending" in the usermanagement of CB while joomla says it is confirmed and approved. This new user can't log in to the website. I have configured CB in such a way that confirmation is not required since only administrators can add users on this website. When I open the user data and dissaprove the user and say that the user in not confirmed, press save and than approve the user and confirm the user, everything suddenly is fine with the user. I only need to give the user the proper rights back and the user can log into the website.

If you need to have more information about the server/setup please let me know and I will provide it.

With kind regards,

Rob

Post edited by: rdemaat, at: 2011/01/08 17:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150450 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change of user rights upon profile update
There is a known permissions issue with Joomla 1.6.x due to a bug in their user library code. We are awaiting a fix or for them to confirm the change is intentionally until we decide to make a change in CB.

Please keep in mind the integration to Joomla 1.6.x is very early and ideally you should not be running Joomla 1.6.x + CB in a production environment. It should only be ran for testing purposes only until Joomla 1.6.x is stable and CB has a stable integration for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn