Can CB do something like this....(client Portal)

13 years 3 months ago #150638 by tonyworship
Hi there. im totally new to CB, but not new to joomla.
I have a client that wants a "Client Portal" what this means is...

Clients of the website owner log into the website and see a page that is dedicated only to them .. there will be no community involvment.

i need it to function like this ..example:
Doctors office patient logs into website to see their own personal page with personal information about themselves that the web owner can update at will.

Can CB do anything like this or is there any other joomla extension that can do this?

If there is no extension for this type of thing, is there an external website that functions like this that I can pay monthly for.. and add clients as i go?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150646 by krileon
This could be accomplished with a new CB plugin that utilizes triggers to redirect users away from other users profiles quite easily as there is an on before display type trigger for profiles. Please see tutorial as follows.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150674 by tonyworship
krileon.. thank you for taking the time to respond.. totally kind of you!

also..Don't want the people who log in and view thier profiles to be able to change anything either.. will it accomplish this as well?

thanks again

13 years 3 months ago #150685 by krileon

also..Don't want the people who log in and view thier profiles to be able to change anything either.. will it accomplish this as well?

I suppose if you design it to do so. You could also just set all fields to read only from field management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150708 by tonyworship
great.. thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn