Custom Username

13 years 3 months ago #150671 by redphocus
Custom Username was created by redphocus
Hello,
i want to configure the Username Tab/field that in profile are following displayed:
username (age), city

so i configured it like this:

%u ([cb_birthdate]), [cb_city]

so this works but not fine... it displayed the date and not the age...
username (25.11.2000), Berlin

but i want to display it like this
username (18), Berlin

i configured the cb_birthdate field, that in profile only the age is displayed, but how to display age in the username tab/field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Custom Username
Using a delimiter field you can display this using substitutions. Please try the below subsitution.

[username] ([cb:userfield field="cb_birthday" /]), [cb_city]

More on substitutions can be found at the following URL.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150688 by redphocus
Replied by redphocus on topic Re: Custom Username
hi,

thanks for your answer.. that brings me nearer to my target ;)

but its still not perfect now ...
[username] ([cb:userfield field="cb_birthday" /]), [cb_city]
will display like this...
username (53 years), berlin

so the last thing to do here is to hide the "years"

this is the target:
username (53), berlin

and thanks for the linked site.. its great...

oh.. i see its field option that the "years" written is displayed... i saw i need it for regular profile tab....

so is there any possibility to hide the "years" ONLY in the -User Profile Title text-

13 years 3 months ago #150770 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Custom Username

so is there any possibility to hide the "years" ONLY in the -User Profile Title text-

No, the substitution just renders the field as seen on profile. You'll need to edit the field and hide Years for it to also hide in the substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds