[SOLVED] Joomla 1.6 compatible?

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150724 by prospera
[SOLVED] Joomla 1.6 compatible? was created by prospera
Hello,

As we are upgrading to Joomla 1.6 in the near future, do anybody know when Community Builder is compatible to Joomla 1.6.

Thanks for any feedback.

PA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150729 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatible?

prospera wrote: Hello,

As we are upgrading to Joomla 1.6 in the near future, do anybody know when Community Builder is compatible to Joomla 1.6.

Thanks for any feedback.

PA

Since its your first post - welcome to our forums.

We hope you like free CB and use it on your websites.

We are working on fixing some last-minute J16 API changes that have broken some CB related functions. An RC release process will follow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prospera

13 years 3 months ago #150731 by prospera
Replied by prospera on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatible?
Thanks for the info! We are appreciating CB very much, especially integrated with Projectfork, which is a good tool by the way:-)

13 years 3 months ago #150741 by agenziae20
Replied by agenziae20 on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatible?
Hi everybody and thanks for this great component!

I just installed CB 1.3.1 on a new Joomla 1.6 and have problems with new user registrations:

if I use CB LOGIN I get this javascript alert:
"DB function reports no errors"

and get some errors:
- user doesn't receive confirmation email
- in backend, user is listed only in JOOMLA USER LIST while it is not listed in CB USER LIST
- it is impossible to proceed with the registration

I made some tests and found out that everything works fine with standard JOOMLA LOGIN.
I noticed that when registering with CB LOGIN the new user is not assigned to any user groups, may this be the problem?

Thanks for your kind help!

Best regards.
Gabriele

13 years 3 months ago #150783 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatible?
We are aware of the issues with Joomla 1.6.x. Some last minute changes to their API broken our J1.6 support (ACL based) which won't allow new user creation (they'll create, but without a usergroup thus won't work). You can follow CB related issues (and obtain and apply their patches) at the following URL.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150840 by agenziae20
Replied by agenziae20 on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatible?
I found the patch for backend new user creation issue, but I was talking about frontend creation, I will keep an eye on that Url.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn