[SOLVED] Displaying user's avatar in the page header

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150737 by picturapoesis
Hello joomlapolitans.

I've been looking for a way to display user's avatar in the header of my website for a couple of hours, and i found no clue, either by searching google, either this forum.

I've tried to understand the code in mod_cblogin.php, but i had to admit the truth. I do'nt spell a word of php, and this module is far too complex for me to adapt.
So, what i'm looking for is simply a line of code to insert in my template / new module, which displays the avatar image of the user while he surfes on the website. Yes, exactly like the cblogin module, but without all others informations contained in this module; only the avatar image.
Is it that hard to code that i found nothing about it?
Or is it that weird to need, on a website, a second place to display the avatar?

Thank you for getting time to read me (Or well, "translate me", shall i say, my english becoming so rusty :pinch: )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150792 by krileon

I've been looking for a way to display user's avatar in the header of my website for a couple of hours, and i found no clue, either by searching google, either this forum.

You could use Advanced subscriber CB Content module which allows display of substitutions. Once installed simply add the substitution [username] and place anywhere you'd like in your site. More on substitution usage at the following URL.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150843 by picturapoesis
Replied by picturapoesis on topic Re: Displaying user's avatar in the page header
Hello Krileon, and thanks for your answer.

this website describes the activity of a RPG association. And unfortunately, this association got no fund (even i work voluntarily) to order an advanced subscription.
However, your answer may interest me one day or another, but for my job's purpose.

I asked the question because i naively though there was a simple "variable" to get and call in my template, in order to get the avatar of the user somewhere elseon the website.
I assume, according to your answer, that there is no easy or free way to get such a functionnality.

Nevertheless, thank you Krileon, for your time and cordiality :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn