Integerfields can't be edited

13 years 3 months ago #150756 by LenajL
Integerfields can't be edited was created by LenajL
Hello,

I had a look at the forum but haven't found any similar problem, so please don't mind if there is a thread.

Since I am using 1.3.1. I cannot manage to edit integerfield.

The field is not required.Change the integer is no problem. Delete the field input is not possible. If i click on edit button after changing the field, it will display the old integer on the profile page (and on edit profile page as well).

What can I do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150787 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integerfields can't be edited
Don't understand, so when you edit the field and save your profile then navigate back to profile edit the old value is still there? Is the new value displayed on profile? Does editing the profile from backend allow correct changing of the field? Do any other fields operate fine or are all fields having this issue? Seams very likely the field is just not validating; please edit the field in field management and check its validation method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150805 by LenajL
Replied by LenajL on topic Re: Integerfields can't be edited
right, the old value is still there when navigate back to profile edit. The new values are not displayed on Profile. When using backend editing I have the same problem. I have this problem with all integer fields, and the field management seam to be ok.

13 years 3 months ago #150900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integerfields can't be edited
Please check the validation of the field. This includes the minimum and maximum values when editing the field in Field Management. Is this happening with any other field types such as text fields?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150908 by LenajL
Replied by LenajL on topic Re: Integerfields can't be edited
Hi Krileon,

no its not with dropdowns, textfields etc. only with integer fields. What do you mean with min/max (thougth this is only an option for date fields).

To bring the profile to work i now made up all the necessary integer fields as textfields and validated them with RegEx (so that only numbers can be entered).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn