Not approving or confirming registered users

13 years 3 months ago #150795 by Kate Koch
This has been an ongoing issue. It approves and confirms some and others it doesn't. Does anyone know why? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150825 by nant

Kate Koch wrote: This has been an ongoing issue. It approves and confirms some and others it doesn't. Does anyone know why? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

No idea.

Please provide details about your environment and you issue.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150829 by Kate Koch
Replied by Kate Koch on topic Re: Not approving or confirming registered users
Sure. They register and it allows them to login and post on the forum, but they can't change their profile or update their avatar. They'll then let me know and I'll look at their account in the CB admin panel and it has X's on confirmed, approved and the other one that I can't think of right now. I have to manually force it to accept it and it's a PITB when I have 30 or 40 people registering that I have to fix. It hasn't always been this bad and it only seems to happen randomly. It's not every registered user which is why it's even more frustrating.

13 years 3 months ago #150926 by krileon
Are you using Joomla 1.5 or 1.6? CB 1.3.1? We need more information about your environment. Don't see how some users could be approved and others not. Do you have admin approval enabled, email confirmation, or both?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150932 by Kate Koch
Replied by Kate Koch on topic Re: Not approving or confirming registered users
Nevermind. I found the problem. One of my new staffers changed the box in moderation to moderators approval. I changed it back and no problems. So far. I'm crossing my fingers. LOL

It does look like the people who were most affected had hotmail or yahoo accounts. I'm not sure why it randomly chose people.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn