CB login issues

13 years 3 months ago #150853 by empy
CB login issues was created by empy
OK, this may actually be a Joomla! issue and not CB. But I'm starting here as it was the CB instructions that told me to change login module.

We run a site that is completely for registered users. The only public parts are the login, password reset and registration. This means that the site's real main page will be on the registered side.

Before installing CB, I just set the real main page as the site default page. Joomla noticed that there was no user session open, and displayed the login screen before showing the site default page. Everything was fine.

But this does not work anymore with CB. In this situation, Joomla shows the Joomla login even if I disable the Joomla login module and enable the CB replacement. I can solve this by creating a CB login page and making that the site default page. CB login is then configured to redirect to the real site main page. But there are undesired side-effects. Many components load the site default page after performing some actions. And that is not desired as I would like to see the real site main page instead. And on top of that, if a session times out and the user clicks a link, Joomla still shows the Joomla login before proceeding.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to make Joomla show the CB login when a restricted resource is used without a session open?

2. Logging back in with the Joomla login after a time-out seems to work. But is it safe to use it? This violates the CB instructions that tell us to use CB login instead. Is there a hidden risk with using this login? Is it possible that it breaks something? (It also offers a password reset funtion.)

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB login issues

1. Is there a way to make Joomla show the CB login when a restricted resource is used without a session open?

Yes, you'll need a Joomla plugin to redirect users to CBs login. There's a few on Joomla.org extension directory, but personally have no experience with them. Additional if you intend to purchase CBSubs in the future its bot will do this for you.

2. Logging back in with the Joomla login after a time-out seems to work. But is it safe to use it? This violates the CB instructions that tell us to use CB login instead. Is there a hidden risk with using this login? Is it possible that it breaks something? (It also offers a password reset funtion.)

You should always use CB to login as Joomlas login procedures do not fire any of CBs login triggers, which if there are any integrations that act on them they will not work. It can also cause your install to go out of sync at times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150957 by empy
Replied by empy on topic Re: CB login issues
Thanks,

krileon wrote:

Yes, you'll need a Joomla plugin to redirect users to CBs login. There's a few on Joomla.org extension directory, but personally have no experience with them. Additional if you intend to purchase CBSubs in the future its bot will do this for you.

OK, I'll look into those extensions. We do not have a need for CBSubs in the foreseeable future.

krileon wrote:

You should always use CB to login as Joomlas login procedures do not fire any of CBs login triggers, which if there are any integrations that act on them they will not work. It can also cause your install to go out of sync at times.

OK, that's what I suspected too.

Thanks,

Mike

13 years 3 months ago #151008 by empy
Replied by empy on topic Re: CB login issues
FYI,

The first suitable non-commercial plugin that I ran into was Core Login Redirect 1.6.1. It targets excactly this problem, and does what it promise.

Case closed.

Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds