Email as username, right now its first and last

13 years 2 months ago #155095 by noahcinquini
Name Style: First and Last name Field
Login Field Type: Email (I have also tried username, email or CMS)

It is using the First and last name as the username, I would like to use the email.

What could I be doing wrong? I have it set to email.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155147 by krileon
The only way to have username as email is to not have Username and Name fields on registration. If they're not present then Email field will take place of name and username. If Name and Email is present then Name will be used for Username. You could also use professional subscriber CB Fields to set the Username field to the Email field after registration trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155214 by noahcinquini
Replied by noahcinquini on topic Re: Email as username, right now its first and last
Sweet thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn