Registration intro text out of whack

13 years 3 weeks ago #162146 by wizzard308
Registration intro text out of whack was created by wizzard308
I have searched this to no avail. In my registration introduction text, it is all aligned left as if inside a small table. To my knowledge I have not changed anything in a template to cause this. I just installed CB last night.
www.tennoutdoorsman.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

can anyone advise me of my error? or possibly how to correct this?
Sorry if this has been addressed but I just could not find it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #162150 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Registration intro text out of whack
suggest you use firebug to inspect your page and see exactly which css code/class is causing this.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #162175 by wizzard308
Replied by wizzard308 on topic Re: Registration intro text out of whack
UPDATED:

Ok I used firebug it shows class="contentpaneopen
I found that in my templates CSS and it defines width=100% yet the text on the page isnt corresponding to the change. Changing that to anything other than 100 throws the rest of my site out of whack. It is definitely a problem with the template but until I can find out what it is I guess I am stuck. Will update once I find it in case other users experience the same problem. The default joomla templates show it correctly.

Im no code guru but Im trying to learn. Im still at a loss as to where to find this or how to fix it.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration intro text out of whack
Adding the below CSS to your Joomla or CB template CSS file should resolve the issue.
#registrationTable .contentpaneopen {
 float: none;
}

If you don't like the 100% width set by your template you can use the below to remove it. Ensure this is placed at the bottom of your CSS file so it will override correctly.
#registrationTable .contentpaneopen {
 float: none;
 width: auto;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #162307 by wizzard308
Replied by wizzard308 on topic Re: Registration intro text out of whack
Thanks krileon, I finally found it but had done it a different way with some code changes in the template but now looking at it your solution, its quite simple with no changes needed except the CSS. Like I said Im new to coding but learning. Thanks a million guys!

Ok the above issue was a template issue so I apologize for that but now a CB question. If I were to add my own custom class to CSS where do I need to look to find the PHP code for the registration page. In the joomla standard its in the com_user views but I cant seem to figure out how this one is set up.

The fix works but moves the text entry tables to the right so I need to add a custom CSS to control that individually I think.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162342 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration intro text out of whack
No need to edit PHP of registration to add CSS. Simply set the width to auto and it'll stop pushing everything to the right. You can also add "text-align: left" to align the text left.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn