403 Error When updating Avatar and Canvas...

6 years 10 months ago #294981 by Viperman35
My name is Douglas Musgrove and I am the owner of the website eagles4ever.com. I have used your product on my website for years, this is actually the first time I have ever had a problem like this. Every time I go to update my avatar or canvas I receive a 403 forbidden. I have read through the forums and have done every correction that has been posted there. The only one that I am afraid of trying is the mod-security fix. If I turn off the mod-security how much of an error would that be. If you don't agree with this could you please tell how to keep it on and be able to upload my images.

Please tell me how to accomplish and fix this problem.

Thank You for your time
Viperman
Douglas Musgrove
CEO Eagles 4 Ever
www.eagles4ever.com

PS if you need to obtain admin admittance I am more then willing to give that to you. My setup is attached to this

Database Version: 5.5.5-10.0.31-MariaDB
PHP Version: 5.6.30
Web Server: Apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 3.7.2 Stable [ Amani ] 22-May-2017 09:46 GMT
Joomla! Platform: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013
Community Builder Version: 2.1.2
NO PLUGINS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 403 Error When updating Avatar and Canvas...
403 Forbidden is probably a mod_security issue. Do not just flat out turn off mod_security. Review logs and find out which security rule is triggering and then adjust it as needed. If unsure how then contact your web host to see if they can help.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn