Locale and personalized messages

6 years 3 weeks ago #303446 by borja
Locale and personalized messages was created by borja
hello

I installed locale "español" and i would like to make it as the default locale instead of english but i see that the default locale is english.

I would like to change the messages that send for welcome,... and i would like to change them but i don´t know where the files that defined "YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE" are.

Best regards,

Borja

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 weeks ago #303455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Locale and personalized messages
The default language plugin is just the built in English language plugin. CB doesn't set what language is loaded by default. That's entirely handled by Joomla within Extensions > Languages. So to have Spanish as the default you need to have a Spanish Joomla and CB language plugin installed then set it as default within Joomla.

As for overriding language strings within CB please see the below blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago #303467 by borja
Replied by borja on topic Locale and personalized messages
Thank you. I see the override. I don´t know why I although I´ve installed Spanish plugin for CB it doesn´t work properly and the email is still in English. The default language is Spanish.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303486 by krileon
We do not provide translations. We simply package them for your benefit. All translations are a community effort. It appears that the Spanish language files are incomplete as shown below on our transifex.

www.transifex.com/joomlapolis/cb/

Try adding an override for it and translating it there if necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303555 by borja
Replied by borja on topic Locale and personalized messages
Where can i know all the strings that i can override? I would like to override several strings but i don´t know where are the name of the strings to override.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303584 by krileon
There's a language key and string finder directly below the language overrides usage. You can search for language strings using it. You can also enable language debugging in CB > Configuration > Integrations that can show a table at the bottom of the page of any language strings being used on the currently viewed page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn