User Group Registration

6 years 2 weeks ago #303560 by semperfi1986
User Group Registration was created by semperfi1986
Hello there,
i need a solution.
My Customer should be able to choose in which user group they'd like to be registered, while registering.

So i added the UserGroups as i need them
installed User - Usergroup Selector Plugin
Activated the plugin and chose the 2usergroups to be available to register to

But theres nothing shown while registration process.

I think it would work if CB wasnt fetching the registration process

How can i make it possible to the user to chose in which user group he wants to register to?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303562 by nant
Replied by nant on topic User Group Registration

semperfi1986 wrote: Hello there,
i need a solution.
My Customer should be able to choose in which user group they'd like to be registered, while registering.

So i added the UserGroups as i need them
installed User - Usergroup Selector Plugin
Activated the plugin and chose the 2usergroups to be available to register to

But theres nothing shown while registration process.

I think it would work if CB wasnt fetching the registration process

How can i make it possible to the user to chose in which user group he wants to register to?

We are not developers of User - Usergroup Selector Plugin

You can do what you want with a Professional subscription and CB Auto Actions.

See tutorials here:

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/291-cb-auto-actions/tutorials

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #303566 by semperfi1986
Replied by semperfi1986 on topic User Group Registration
I understand.

I see:

A component which has been robbed by some general functions in order to make the developers/customers pay!

Why isnt it possible to add such functions by adding third party plugins/extensions?
Because of Money!

Ill get me another community extension, thanks a lot for supporting.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303583 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Group Registration
I don't understand why you're mad at us because something someone else developed doesn't work. We didn't develop it. In response Nick provided a solution that we did develop and for sure works. If you don't want to use our products then contact the developer of the extension you're trying to use that doesn't work and have them fix it, because again we didn't develop it.

You don't even need a full professional subscription for this. You only need CB Auto Actions, which is $30 and comes with 3 months of support and upgrades. You also get CB it self for free, which no other social network extension for Joomla does. Assigning usergroups based off the value of a field isn't general functionality either. Joomla it self doesn't even provide that for its registration; you have to use 3rd party extensions to do it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 2 weeks ago #303593 by nant
Replied by nant on topic User Group Registration

semperfi1986 wrote: I understand.

I see:

A component which has been robbed by some general functions in order to make the developers/customers pay!

Why isnt it possible to add such functions by adding third party plugins/extensions?
Because of Money!

Ill get me another community extension, thanks a lot for supporting.

You asked for a solution and gave you 2 options.

1. Contact the "developer" of your plugin and get them to debug/fix.
2. Use our CB Auto Actions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn