[SOLVED] How to change the Forgot Password & Register text/link and into a button?

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305019 by jjsjjs
Hello,

it seems either people not understanding they can click the text Password/Username forgotten in the login module, or just don't want to. Even i put some text along it, they can click it, i get emails they can't login. (of course sometimes it's their own fault like they have changed email account and can't receive the email for resetting.)

So how can i change the text of these 2 lines into buttons, just like the Login button.
And they are nicely vertically alligned below each other.

Probably have to change something in a php file.
Can anyone give some directions where to find these lines?

Thanks very much.

kind regards,
Jerry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305044 by krileon
Edit your CB Login module and under Style Options you can add your own CSS classes to various elements of the login module. This includes the forgot login link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305068 by jjsjjs
thanks, i tried this: btn-primary
but it 's giving me this:

Not exactly a button

I searched the template.css and used th ecosole inspector, and since css is not my strongest part.
Can you give me a lttile piece of what i should enter to get a box like the login?

thanks very much.
Attachments:

5 years 10 months ago #305077 by krileon
btn-primary is just a coloring style for btn. So you'd need to use btn btn-primary. It's also a Bootstrap style, which won't do anything unless Bootstrap is loaded by Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305085 by jjsjjs
Thanks a lot Kyle!
Then i was almost there i used btn.btn-primary with a dot between the 2 btn parts, then it did nothing.

This was exactly what i needed.
Thanks for your help.
Jerry

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn