[SOLVED] Change userlist default empty avatar

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #306346 by parcs
Hi, I changed the default empty avatar with a custom logo, so that if a user doesn't upload his own pic, the logo will show as default.
To do this, I added my picture in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar folder and set it default for empty in avatar field settings. In user profile the avatar I set is correctly shown.

The problem is that in the userlist is still shown the default Community Builder empty avatar (tnnophoto_n.png). How can I change it with a custom picture? I tried to overwrite tnnophoto_n.png, but with every update of the component my custom pic is replaced with the original one.

Is there a way to set the default userlist empty avatar pic with a custom one? Or is there any way to override it so that I don't have to change it with every new update?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306349 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Change userlist default empty avatar
I am pretty sure the CB Primer Book gives some guidance on this.
Did you download and study?

5 years 9 months ago #306353 by parcs
Replied by parcs on topic Change userlist default empty avatar
Yes, I studied.
The book gives guidance on the way to set the default empty profile image. Which I already did as described in my first post.
I found no reference to a similar option for userlist default empty avatar in the book, and the only reference on override I found is about language.
Did I miss something?
Can anybody help me?

5 years 9 months ago #306363 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change userlist default empty avatar
The userlist outputs the thumbnail image. When supplying custom default images be sure you supply a full size and thumbnail version of your image. The thumbnail image should be named the same as the full size image except the name should be prefixed with tn. Examples as follows.

Full Size: avatar.jpg
Thumbnail tnavatar.jpg

You can not specify a custom default for userlist only beyond I guess having the thumbnail image a completely different image, but that will affect all outputs where thumbnail image is used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zahmundzornig, parcs

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #306375 by parcs
Replied by parcs on topic Change userlist default empty avatar
Thank you so much, krileon.
I thought that would be the solution, but I renamed the thumbnail only with a 't' instead of 'tn'.
Now it's perfectly working.
Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn