Type of field for a list of 900 values

5 years 6 months ago #307782 by dmolina
Hi, I need to create a field for the user file that is called "company" and that contains a list of more than 900 values.

I'm doing it with a field of drop-down type (drop down single select) but to add or remove companies is a drama because it hangs trying to show the list from the back (field management) and there is no way to work.
Uff, I did not see the solution ...

CB experts, any ideas to better manage this? with another type of field? :-)
Thank you very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307802 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Type of field for a list of 900 values
CB Query Field and a custom database table to hold your 900 values would likely be the best option. If you don't want to purchase CB Query Field then what you're already doing is your only option unless you want to manually add/remove options for the field directly in the _comprofiler_field_values database table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmolina

5 years 6 months ago #307805 by dmolina
Replied by dmolina on topic Type of field for a list of 900 values
Thank you very much krileon.

I'm going to investigate the CB Query Field option...

But the management of values (add, delete ...) would be done directly in the database, not in the back of joomla, right?

5 years 6 months ago #307821 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Type of field for a list of 900 values

But the management of values (add, delete ...) would be done directly in the database, not in the back of joomla, right?

Correct, 900 values in backend is just a lot for the HTML and jQuery to deal with which is why it slows or hangs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn