Segoe UI Font

5 years 5 days ago #311953 by Dougj
Segoe UI Font was created by Dougj
I am in the middle of a refresh of my J3.9.5 site. I have had CB on the site for years and was using CBSubs until this refresh. I have completely removed CBSubs and updated CB to v2.4.1.

I am using the Purity III template with a fon of Helvitica 14. However, the CB registration page is showing as using a very small font.

I found this article re the small font size:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

and have entered the code as suggested into my custom.css file. That seems to have set the font size to match the rest of my site. However, the field title font, on the registration, page is all Bold. How or where do I elliminate that?

Finally the font, on the registration page, is showing as Segoe UI. I have no clue where the system is getting that font from. Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 days ago #311967 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Segoe UI Font

and have entered the code as suggested into my custom.css file. That seems to have set the font size to match the rest of my site. However, the field title font, on the registration, page is all Bold. How or where do I elliminate that?

We use Bootstrap 4 which does not set labels to bold. That'd be styling coming from your Joomla template doing that and you'll need to contact your template developer regarding changing it.

Finally the font, on the registration page, is showing as Segoe UI. I have no clue where the system is getting that font from. Any thoughts?

We use Bootstrap 4 so the base font applied is the same as it, which is the following.

font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji";

If you want to change this then you need to override the font-family style on the cb_template CSS class.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds