Actual place for the hyperlink sent by confirmation email in code

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #329633 by huguesmarcil
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/239038-actual-place-for-the-hyperlink-sent-by-confirmation-email

Hello,

I think I have found the URL. It is the cbactivation variable and you can find it in your FTP.
/libraries/CBLib/CB/Database/Table/UserTable.php

I tried to add a parameter to the URL (cbactivation) but on the one hand there is automatically a "amp;" added to my "&".
And on the other hand the link does not work any more.
I guess there is something about the viewURL() or UserTable::getUserIdFromActivationCode.
But it is too long to explore.

How can I achieve this?
Thanks

Hugues

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329709 by huguesmarcil

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #329712 by krileon
Use [confirmlink] instead of [confirm]. [confirmlink] is the raw URL. We do not support core edits. I cannot help you in regards to modifying core code; that is entirely on you to learn and do.

Please do not reply to 4 year old topics. I've moved your post to a new topic and referenced the old one. It pushes old information to the top of forums and search results, which isn't helpful for anyone.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329847 by huguesmarcil
Hello,

Problem solved!

I discovered that the & was comming from the $htmlspecialchars set to true in cbNotification->_replaceVariables().
I changed it to false.
Do you think it will be harmless for other processes?

In order to add new parameters to the URL confirm link, I put new variables (var => value) in the array of the calling of $_CB_framework->viewUrl() in cbNotification->_replaceVariables().
Thanks,

Hugues

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329849 by krileon
It's supposed to be escaped as it's supposed to be used in the href of HTML. What exactly is the issue you're having? You can add new variables to it by just appending them to the end of the substitution. You don't even have to use that substitution. You can entirely construct your own URL if you want. Example as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=[cbactivation]

Be sure to of course add your domain to this. Now add whatever other parameters you want to the URL.

Do you think it will be harmless for other processes?

Yes. Do not alter core code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329890 by huguesmarcil
Hello Krileon,

I already tried to create a substitution variable cbactivation.
I wished that it would escape & but it doesn't.
That was my problem: when I use default cbactivation there is no "amp;" and when I alter cbactivation or use another variable "amp;" appears.
Thank you,

Hugues

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn