Actual place for the hyperlink sent by confirmation email

6 years 3 days ago #304104 by esagarnaga
Hi!

I will try to explain my problem since I was unable find a clear response/advice...

After the Administrator registers a new user, an email is sent with the hyperlink that needs to be clicked in order to confirm the registration, this is the message:

"Thank you for signing up with us. We have received your request and we will process it as soon as you confirm your email address by clicking on the following hyperlink:"

However, THERE IS NO HYPERLINK, IT IS EMPTY!!!

Looks like in some point it was erased and I don't remember/know what is it or how to alter/edit/change it.

I know how the process works up to some point. What I don't know is EXACTLY WHERE TO PUT THE REAL HYPERLINK, (the one like... blablablacom/here). I don't need the label or the code, I need the PLACE where I can introduce aforementioned link.

Please, try to be very detailed in the explanation because I am a newbie and very confused about different folders/files. locations/etc.

Thanks for your assistance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 days ago #304120 by krileon
That's the Pending email and is configured within CB > Configuration > Registration. If you've overridden it ensure you've supplied the [confirm] substitution or reset it back to its default language key value of YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 days ago #304127 by esagarnaga
Thank you, but once again... I KNOW where is the CONSTANT name, I need to know where is the VALUE, so I can edit/modify/alter/change the hyperlink according to my needs. Hence, the hyperlink REAL value
eg: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE =
"Thank you for signing up with us. We have received your request and we will process it as soon as you confirm your email address by clicking on the following hyperlink: blablabla,com"
Where is blablabla,com?
In my case, it comes empty....
Thanks

5 years 11 months ago #304156 by krileon
If you need just the URL to confirmation use [confirmlink] as [confirm] includes linebreaks. You can even construct the URL manually as follows.

DOMAIN_HERE/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=[cbactivation]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn