CB may have a language switching bug in Joomla 4

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332613 by 4creator
I am glad to see that my report led to CB improving.
krileon, I appreciate you investigating the cause. 
The mention of phpMyAdmin was a surprise to me. It would be nice if CB could be installed in a proper state without being influenced by the user's environment!

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333120 by 4creator

This is now fixed in latest CB build release.

Today I installed the latest CB and have confirmed that the issue in this topic has NOT been resolved.
When accessing the database via phpMyAdmin, the table listings all show the Type as InnoDB. However, when accessing the Structure of table #__comprofiler, for example, the column Collation shows latin1_swedish_ci. In fact, when I typed some text on the CB and saved it, the result was ??? (garbled text).

I can fix this with SQL, but non-English speaking users who will be using CB may face this issue.

So please check the Collation for each table.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333122 by krileon
The language switcher issue was fixed not the collations issue. That's the problem with mixing 2 issues in 1 topic. The default collation feature has not been implemented yet.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9117

Use the tools under the Operations tab of your _comprofiler table to convert the collation for all the existing columns. New columns should already be using the collation of the table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333132 by 4creator

That's the problem with mixing 2 issues in 1 topic.

No, I don’ t think so.

I think you may be understanding this topic incorrectly. 
From the user's point of view, the issue is that after installing CB, when we actually try to use CB, we cannot use CB because of garbled characters. This is just one issue!

The cause of this issue is that the CB installer has not set the database query order correctly.

You said that "This is now fixed in latest CB build release”.
The issue in this topic of garbled input characters after CB installation has not been resolved.

You have simply failed to verify that it works and have not verified that you have removed the factors that cause the garbled characters to occur. No need for silly excuses.
I took the trouble to report this in the hope of further development of CB, and I was disappointed to read your reply. You are not appreciative enough of user feedback.

1 year 1 month ago #333136 by krileon

No, I don’ t think so.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/245568-cb-may-have-a-language-switching-bug-in-joomla-4?start=0#332606

The language switcher issue was fixed. The below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9118

I was informing you that that issue was fixed. I'm sorry I was not more clear that only that issue was fixed.

The other issue regarding default collation in our CREATE TABLE queries was not. There are 2 issue tickets in this topic. It however is now pending review for release as I've implemented a default fallback to force a collation. This won't apply to existing installs. It will only apply to new installs and force a collation when CB creates tables.

For existing installs use phpmyadmin to correct the collation for your table and its columns under the Operations tab of phpmyadmin and it won't be an issue again. I've added a feature ticket to add another CB > Tools check to also help fix this, but the issue of tables being created without a collation should be fixed and released sometime this week as it's already pending review.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9140

I apologize for the communication error and not making it more clear that only the language switcher bug was fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333138 by 4creator
OK, I found that there was a gap in our mutual understanding.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn