Multiple check box value modification

11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #333824 by tramber91
Multiple check box value modification was created by tramber91
Hi

I have a CB field option Multiple Check box with several values.
We want to modify (correct) some values.

But it seems that if I modifty one value, If i search user with this new value, i found nobody.!!!

Correction in that way is not possible ?
I need to created new value fist, not modify value itself ?

thanks for your support

Bertrand
Joomla 4.3.1 CB 2.8.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple check box value modification
Values are stored in the database upon selection by a user. Changing the value will result in a mismatch. We do not automatically update values when you change them. So for example if you change the value the user needs to edit their profile and select the value again. The only workaround for this is to manually update _comprofiler for that field to the new values. We'll provide a means of migrating field values in CB 3.x.

Normally values should be pretty generic with you only needing to change the label. Labels are entirely cosmetic and user facing. So for example you'd have a value of "opt_01" and a label of "Red".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333827 by tramber91
Replied by tramber91 on topic Multiple check box value modification
OK Thanks

Today I have only values no labels and the values are not generic at all !!

Means I  can manage it by copy value to label first
and manage modification in label only ?

Bertrand

11 months 3 weeks ago #333828 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple check box value modification
Yes, instead of changing value you can just change the label. The label is what your users will see. Value is typically exclusively for storage, but will be used as label if you don't supply a label.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn