500 error using PHP 8

10 months 1 week ago #334283 by dnH7r
500 error using PHP 8 was created by dnH7r
I am getting a error when trying to access any area of Community Builder:

Sorry, there was a problem we could not recover from.
The server returned a "500 - Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

We are using Joomla 4 with Community Builder 2.8.0. We had been running PHP 8.1. Once I changed PHP back to 7.4 I am now able to access Community Builder. Is it not compatible with PHP 8 or is there another issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334287 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error using PHP 8
CB is compatible with PHP 8. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry as that should show more information about the error. It's usually a 3rd party plugin that isn't compatible causing such issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago #334289 by dnH7r
Replied by dnH7r on topic 500 error using PHP 8
Thank you for the quick reply. Attached is the error I receive when trying to access Community Builder from the backend - using PHP 8.1. Is this plugin related to the old version of Community Builder? 

Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /homepages/9/d323186062/htdocs/imtajoomlaj30/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbantispam/component.cbantispam.php on line 477
Attachments:

10 months 1 week ago #334291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error using PHP 8
It's coming from an out of date CB AntiSpam install. You will need to subscribe and update or try fixing it yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 1 day ago #336157 by dnH7r
Replied by dnH7r on topic 500 error using PHP 8
I purchased and installed CB AntiSpam and we are still getting a server error in Community Builder. This is the error that displays now:

Fatal error: Declaration of getcaptchaTab::getDisplayRegistration($tab, $user, $ui) must be compatible with cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration($tab, $user, $ui, $postdata) in /homepages/9/d323186062/htdocs/imtajoomlaj30/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php on line 324

I don't see a CB Captcha plugin on the Downloads area of your website. Can you tell me what else we need to do?

5 months 20 hours ago #336160 by beat
Replied by beat on topic 500 error using PHP 8
In your error, I see "getcaptchaTab". You should uninstall old CB Captcha plugin. It is replaced by CB Antispam, containing captcha features.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn