Warning Messages

7 months 1 week ago #335124 by Kontrive
Warning Messages was created by Kontrive
Hi :)

When someone attempts to view a profile page or edit their profile without being logged in, a warning message appears. However, the message appears on a new page by itself with no other content on the page.
How can I change this so that the warning message appears above the usual Login page?
Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #335129 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Warning Messages
Warnings, alerts, etc.. are all done through Joomla's message queue. So where it displays depends on your Joomla template. It's supposed to be displayed above the component view. Aside from that I don't know what you're asking. Visiting a profile while not logged in and having non-public profiles should already redirect them to the login page with an error message to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #335131 by Kontrive
Replied by Kontrive on topic Warning Messages
Hi there, thanks for the reply :)

I'm using Yootheme Pro, if that makes a difference? Here's an example of what happens: I create a new menu item and for example select "Community Builder/User Profile Edit". When I am not logged in and click on this, I just get the warning message with no content below it - no login form. However, when logged in, everything is fine.
Any suggestions what I could do to make sure the login form appears below the warning when a user is not logged in?
Thanks a lot for your time! :)

7 months 1 week ago #335143 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Warning Messages
I would suggest just setting the menu item to only be accessible to registered users. It's not meant to be accessed by the public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kontrive

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds