Multiple Defects after upgrade to 2.8.0+build.2023.02.22.18.31.13.558d8da99

1 year 1 month ago #332998 by jgunter
 After upgrade to Version 2.8.0+build.2023.02.22.18.31.13.558d8d we see the following defects:
1. Link from User Lists to the individual profile results in the error:Call to undefined method CBProfileView_html_default::_renderLayout()
2. Edit logged in User Profile and Display profile results in a blank screen showing only "Powered by Community Builer"
3. Change of Password is answered with "You are already logged in".
I saw a similar message in the forum already, however cannot find it anymore. 
Are you already working on this bug? In case there is no solution in a reasonable time available, we need to roll back.

Regards

Jürgen

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333017 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > User Profile set Template back to default. Seams like you're using a custom 3rd party CB template. We've redesigned our templates when we implemented the new layout functionality shown below. All 3rd party templates will need to update to support this.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19009-profile-layouts

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333033 by jgunter
Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I checked the website again and it looks for me pretty simple, no complexity. That is to say Cassiopeia template as default with modifications in user.css (pictures, background, colors ..). The CB template is on default. There are no 3rd party templates. I checked the updates and tried to update to the last version and I receive a new error:
System Information
Joomla: 4.2.8
PHP: 8.0.28
Database: mysql 10.4.28-MariaDB
Package
File: 000_pkg_communitybuilder_2.8.0+build.2023.02.27.16.27.04.78b0b77aa.zip
Log:
<div>Duplicate entry '8' for key 'PRIMARY'</div><div>Paket Update: Bei der Installation der Erweiterung trat ein Fehler auf: com_comprofiler.zip</div>
I have no idea where to search for this error, at least I couldn't find any duplicates. 
What will happen, if I deinstall Community Builder an reinstall it? Will we loose all User Data? How could we migrate the users to a new environment? We checked Community Builder on a test site and it works ok.
Regards
Jürgen

1 year 1 month ago #333045 by krileon
Did you migrate your site at any point with a migration tool? That duplicate key issue typically only happens when the databases auto increment values are messed up and some migration tools had a tendency to tamper with the auto increment values.

Within CB > Tools run all the database fix tools to check for errors and apply any fixes after making a backup of your site. Now try updating again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333050 by jgunter
Hi Kyle,
first I double checked several server settings and corrected the paths, added the corrected details as $live_site etc, into the config.php. As you recommended I backed up the site in total an found that actually a migration tool in the past has indeed created two location and messed up the keys, never seen that before. After I disabled the previous version of the site I run the Database fix tools. Now the errors became visible. The tool corrected them all and a the update run successfully! I took over the administration of the site and wonder how it could run at all.
Thank you very much for your support, this topic can be closed, have a great day,

Regards

Jürgen
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn