CB Blogs Joomla Mode Issue

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #334134 by bascherz
CB Blogs Joomla Mode Issue was created by bascherz
When using the Joomla mode of CB Blogs, there are no categories selectable in the back-end Blogs list. The list shows every article in every category rather than just the ones in the categories configured in the Blog and Defaults tabs in the plugin parameters. So filtering on category is not possible. Also, no category can be selected when creating a new blog.

Screen shots (forum would not display them):
Back end
photos.scherzinger.org/misc/CBBlogs-NoCategories.png

Front end
photos.scherzinger.org/misc/CBBlogs-NoCategories-Front.png

2.8.0+build.2023.05.26.14.42.43.3634ccdb3
Joomla 4.3.2

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs Joomla Mode Issue
What did you set the root category to within CB Blogs > Parameters > Blogs? Example how your blog categories should be structured as follows.

Blogs
- General
- Movies
- Games

With the above structure the "Blogs" category should be selected in CB Blogs > Parameters > Blogs. Users can then use General, Movies, and Games. Root "Blogs" won't be available to them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334143 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic CB Blogs Joomla Mode Issue
Ah, so THAT'S the secret (and actually makes sense to support multiple categories). Not sure why I did not read that anywhere. I probably just missed that salient detail. That was the problem and it's all working now.

Thanks, Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn