Wishlist - lists

13 years 3 months ago #150227 by andershl
Wishlist - lists was created by andershl
Lists are great, but it would be even better if the "only profile display fields" was removed for lists that were only accessible by users with back-end access.

After all when having back end access I can see it all, albeit not in list form. I can sort and filter on them, so why not let me be able to display them as well?

Would make a lot of user administration MUCH easier.

Post edited by: andershl, at: 2011/01/06 01:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150262 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Wishlist - lists
Don't quite understand what you're saying. You're wanting fields displayed to only administrators and not the user themselves? This can be done by setting a field not to display on profile. Once done create a new Tab in tab management with backend usergroup selected. Once done add delimiter fields with substitutions of the fields you set not to display on profile (e.g. [username]). You can then display those delimiter fields on a userlist and only backend users will see them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150280 by andershl
Replied by andershl on topic Re:Wishlist - lists
Yep, I already use what you suggest, but that is not the point:

In List Management even if a field is selected not to be displayed on profile, it can still be used for sorting and filtering. However it can not be selected for display in the list.

Hovever, if the list itself is limited to be viewable only for users with back end access, they do actually have access to see (and edit) those fields. They can only NOT see them in the administrator defined lists.

This is, as I see it, an unnecessary limitation.

The limitations for which fields can be selected for display in a defined list could better be governed in accordance with the user access level for the list itself.

13 years 3 months ago #150330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Wishlist - lists
Field rendering is not dependent to the userlist access. We've plans to improve workflows with CB 2.0 or possibly later release, but currently no plans to change this. It is working as intended.

To work around this you should set the field to display on profile and put it on a tab that is set to a not displayed on profile position. This would resolve your issue and allow the field to render on the userlist properly, but not actually show up on profile without having to use delimiters.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/07 18:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds