CB+CBSubs can do all this?

13 years 3 months ago #150518 by rebreanu
CB+CBSubs can do all this? was created by rebreanu
Hello everyone.

I have a big/long question, hope you have the big/long answer for it :)

CB+CBSubs can do ALL THIS?

The scenario:

CB+CBSubs (articles, user profile, forum, users blogs, polls, user rate, users photos/albums, videos, eventually a wall etc.)

The site is "fenced", only registered users can access the content, search/browse users, forums, blogs, photos, videos, articles.

All registered users can use ONLY following privacy settings for profile/blog/forum posts/photo albums/videos: network, private, connections (friend) only. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED BY DEFAULT TO USE PUBLIC PROFILE (aka EVERYONE)!!! This is a MUST!

Users list (groups), example: programmer, customer, prospect etc.

1 - There are users that I have to invite (email unique registration link or unique registration code) to join my network. They DO NOT PAY for membership. They go to a specific group "Type A" after they register.

2- There are users that can register and pay the membership (they can choose from daily, monthly, annually, recurring or not). They choose the payment plan from the registration form, they pay and the system log them to the network immediately after the payment was confirmed by the payment processor/gateway. NO "WAIT FOR APPROVAL" and NO email verification. They go to group "Type B" and start using the network right away! If they do not complete the payment they are considered right away "guest users", explained bellow.

3- There are users that can register WITHOUT CHOOSING A PAID SUBSCRIPTION and without being invited, but after completing the registration form (with reCAPTCHA a MUST!), they will get a message with "you will receive a email when administrator will approve you to the network". They MUST WAIT FOR APPROVAL. They go to "Type D" group (pending approval group) until the administrator approves them, after approval administrator put them in "Type A" group or "Type B" group or they do not get approved at all because of administrator's will.

The regular "guest user" can only register, view few pages: first page, about us, help, contact us and register form.

Please tell me if all those features are built in and working smoothly in CB+CBSubs without having PHP and MySQL knowledge and without custom modification / core files modification.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150545 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB+CBSubs can do all this?

CB+CBSubs (articles, user profile, forum, users blogs, polls, user rate, users photos/albums, videos, eventually a wall etc.)

Not out of the box, no. With a Advanced and even more so Professional (due to incubator) subscription certainly.

articles

CB is not an article management extension, so no. You can display users articles however by the article tab installed with CB.

user profile

Primary feature of CB is to provide profiles so yes this is certainly doable.

forum

CB is not a forum extension. You'll need to install Kunena and configure CB to use it.

users blogs

CB is not a blog extension. You'll need to use incubator project CB Blogs or CB ProfileBooks Blog tab.

polls

CB is not a polling extension. I've no recommendation for this; please check Joomla.org extension directory.

user rate

This is possible using the Rating Fieldtype plugin or CB ProfileBook which offers a rating capability with comments.

users photos/albums

This is possible using CB ProfileGallery to provide users their own image galleries.

videos

CB has no video feature. I recommend checking Joomla.org for extensions and/or plugins to provide such a feature. We've plans to release a Video Fieldtype plugin however in the near future.

eventually a wall etc.

CB ProfileBook offers a Wall tab for users to easily cross-communicate.

The site is "fenced", only registered users can access the content, search/browse users, forums, blogs, photos, videos, articles.

This of course can be done by setting permissions everywhere to Registered. Be carefully with some Tabs as if configured Registered the fields will NOT display on Registration.

All registered users can use ONLY following privacy settings for profile/blog/forum posts/photo albums/videos: network, private, connections (friend) only. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED BY DEFAULT TO USE PUBLIC PROFILE (aka EVERYONE)!!! This is a MUST!

CB Privacy plugin allows users to set privacy settings for tabs and/or fields.

Users list (groups), example: programmer, customer, prospect etc.

You could create a drop-down field with each of those values then create a Userlist for each of those types and filter by that field.

1 - There are users that I have to invite (email unique registration link or unique registration code) to join my network. They DO NOT PAY for membership. They go to a specific group "Type A" after they register.

There's no grouptypes or usertypes within CB. To achieve unique profiles based on type you'll need CBSubs.

2- There are users that can register and pay the membership (they can choose from daily, monthly, annually, recurring or not). They choose the payment plan from the registration form, they pay and the system log them to the network immediately after the payment was confirmed by the payment processor/gateway. NO "WAIT FOR APPROVAL" and NO email verification. They go to group "Type B" and start using the network right away! If they do not complete the payment they are considered right away "guest users", explained bellow.

It's possible to bypass email confirmation and admin approval on a plan by plan basis. I don't know what group types you're referring to, but yes you can customize usergroups based on subscription.

3- There are users that can register WITHOUT CHOOSING A PAID SUBSCRIPTION and without being invited, but after completing the registration form (with reCAPTCHA a MUST!), they will get a message with "you will receive a email when administrator will approve you to the network". They MUST WAIT FOR APPROVAL. They go to "Type D" group (pending approval group) until the administrator approves them, after approval administrator put them in "Type A" group or "Type B" group or they do not get approved at all because of administrator's will.

This is perfectly possible as free and/or paid subscriptions are allowed. As for reCAPTCHA we've no such integration, but we do have our on CB specific Captcha that does not depend on 3rd party systems. It's again also possible to change a usersgroup based on subscription. You can also configure the free plan to require the user to have admin approval.

I recommend reading CB and CBSubs documentation very thoroughly before beginning!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebreanu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn