Problem with Registration Page

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150760 by big_rich
Problem with Registration Page was created by big_rich
Since Updating to CB 1.3.1 I have been getting a problem with the registration page.

The input fields (and their titles) are pushed down the page by the login module / menus in the left hand column leaving a big gap at the top of the page after the intro text. This happens in IE and firefox.

I have noticed that if I set the profiles to be laid out in tables rather than divs (ie as CB 1.2) then this fixes the problem with the registration page but then I get the same issue with IE as raised in this thread.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/132-cb-123-usability/142569-1999-registration-text-affects-field-locations?limit=6&start=6

Is there any way round this problem ? (I'd rather use the tableless layout if possible)

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150801 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with Registration Page
Please use Table based design if your template is not designed to handle Tabless. The tableless design is going to be more sensitive given it uses DIVs instead of preformed tables which HTML handles more elegantly. DIV based design is tested with Joomlapolis templates and default Joomla template only.

Please ensure is displaying fine in Joomla template. It's impossible to debug however without a direct link to the issue or at least a screenshot of the problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150880 by big_rich
Replied by big_rich on topic Re: Problem with Registration Page
Hi, Thanks for replying.

My sites still on a local server so I can't supply a link unfortunately.

I changed to the default Beez template but it responds the same.

I imagine you are familiar with this template. Looking with firebug I can see that the fields (name etc..) are pushed down to just below where the div "left" ends.

The div "cbfr_46" is pushed down to just below the "left" ( just to the right in "main")
This stretches the div "cbtf" down from the introduction text which is where it should be.

If I remove the contents (menus login etc..) from the "left" dive then it all moves back up.

I don't know if this gives enough to go on, if not then I'll have to go with tables.

Unfortunately using tables I get exactly the same problem in IE described in the thread I linked to, unfortunately theres no solution in the thread !

Thanks for taking the time to help out

13 years 3 months ago #150914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with Registration Page
Don't understand your issue and without a link it's impossible to investigate template based matters. Please provide a screenshot of the issue if possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150944 by big_rich
Replied by big_rich on topic Re: Problem with Registration Page
Hi,

Heres a screenshot.

Its done using the "Beez" template so as to rule out my template.

I also disabled most of the modules in the left hand column to stop things being pushed down too far (normally the "First Name" input field is right off the screen)

I think it illustrates what I was trying to describe above. Basicaly the more menus or modules added to the left column the bigger the white gap above the first input field.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn