Errors upgrade 1.3.1 to 1.4 cannot save profiles

13 years 1 month ago #157682 by jakobe75
I can save profiles on the backend as admin

but users get an internal server error when saving
the data does indeed save and is visiable when you hit the bakc button or refresh

but the messae

"could not instantiate mail function" appears.
I am using phpmail and it has worked just fine in the past.
the email addy matches the site in global config and is valid.(other emails work as well)

and if error reporting is turned on
then this error displays.

\
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'onlinestatus' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT onlinestatus FROM jos_comprofiler WHERE id=66

This did not occur until the upgrade.
upgrade went smoothly, and I ran all the tools.

suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157734 by jakobe75
I can work around this by disabling the plugin cb_profile_notifier
(plugin developed by joomlander.net)

I have contacted the developer on their forum.

check the progress here if you are having the same issues.

joomlander.net/forums/14-cb-profile-notifier-plug-in/898-upgrade-to-cb14-plugin-server-a-mail-func-error

Not sure yet where the problem is.

but at least my users can save their profiles now.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157737 by krileon
Is a problem with your 3rd party plugin, the developer of your plugin would need to resolve the issue. Fatal queries cause PHP to fail. This means any code AFTER that fatal error will not execute and will cause unexpected results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jakobe75

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn