User register into different groups

12 years 6 months ago #179084 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User register into different groups

hiya83 wrote: I see. If that's the case, let me get your professional opinion. I am planning to use Virtuemart as well with Joomla & CB, however I also intend to use the multiple User Groups functionality in Joomla. Given that Virtuemart 2.0 isn't out and since the integration of CB and VM1.9RC2 is not stated to be supported by the CBSubs VM plugin, should I just backtrack to J1.5 and use the original tested VM and the CB plugin? The problem with that however is J1.5 don't have multiple User Groups which I am hoping to utilize. What would you do?

Thanks!

Well with CBSubs you can protect any Joomla content against any plan without the need for Joomla 1.7 or other ACL solutions.

I would like to think that once VM 2.0 is out we will be supporting it in CBSubs (as we are in contact with the main VM dev).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179087 by hiya83
Replied by hiya83 on topic Re: User register into different groups
Hehe so basically I can go either way. That didn't help much :)

When do you plan to support VM2.0? I know that's a relatively tough question to answer since VM folks were supposed to release VM2.0 like 1-2 weeks ago after that event, but still haven't done so. Would it be weeks or months after VM2.0 that cbsubs will support it? Cause if it'll take a while, I guess I'll just backtrack to 1.5 and do an upgrade later since I am hoping to get this out in a couple months or less.

Thanks again.

12 years 6 months ago #179090 by nant
Well, you can also use the CBSubs SQL integration plugin to perform any integrations needed with VM 2.0 (once its released).

I would say that the next major release of CBSubs after VM 2.0 is released will most likely support VM 2.0 integration (at least the degree VM 1.0 series is supported). But most likely before that we (or someone else) will be posting SQL integration statements that can be used in the meantime.

12 years 6 months ago #179559 by hiya83
Hey Nick,

So btw I went with 1.7. Hopefully the VM2.0 intg sql code comes out fast :)

So I have a separate question, feel free to move it to a new thread if deemed necessary. Is there a way to create a dynamic list on the fly? Or do I have to create a list for the various permutations (not ideal, but feasible since it's not THAT many) and then use the links for each list as the return value?

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #179560 by hiya83
Also 1 other question more related to this thread. I know how you can make different fields show up in the profile view based on the subscription plan of the profile. But how do you do that during the registration? Like how do you dynamically change the required and displayed fields when the user toggles between subscription plans? I feel that should be pretty trivial and I am just being retarded and missing something.

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #179564 by nant

hiya83 wrote: Hey Nick,

So btw I went with 1.7. Hopefully the VM2.0 intg sql code comes out fast :)

So I have a separate question, feel free to move it to a new thread if deemed necessary. Is there a way to create a dynamic list on the fly? Or do I have to create a list for the various permutations (not ideal, but feasible since it's not THAT many) and then use the links for each list as the return value?

Thanks!

Dynamic filtering is supported in CB User Lists - just use [cb_field] concept when you configure your CB User list filter. (more about this in CB Documentation).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn