User register into different groups

12 years 6 months ago #178555 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User register into different groups

hiya83 wrote: Hi,

Thanks again for the suggestions. GroupJive is most likely not what I am looking for. CB conditionals can definitely be handy.

My scenario resembles several career matching websites out there: so a user can register to become either a seller or a buyer. Naturally the seller will need to purchase his/her membership functionality (which I guess CBSubs can be used for), and his/her profile will be focused towards advertising & selling his/her products. Whereas for the buyer, he/she will be able to register w/o a fee but his/her profile is much less detailed than that of the sellers since he/she will be browsing the sellers' items instead.

Given that, would you think CBSubs would still be ideal or would writing my custom plugin be the most flexible way forward?

Thanks!

Yes, based on the above CBSubs can be used.
With CBSubs you can have 2 plans - a free Buyer plan and a paid Seller plan.
You can have different tabs/fields showing up for these plans.

Please note that CBSubs cannot be used for seller to actually sell his products.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #178979 by hiya83
Replied by hiya83 on topic Re: User register into different groups
Hi Nick,

I actually obtained CBSubs and am working with it when I come across an issue while testing. So I have 2 Joomla ACL User Groups, GroupA & GroupB. Then I created 2 Plans in CBSubs, PlanA & PlanB. PlanA has User Group setting within the "Subscribers User access level settings" section under the Access tab set to GroupA and PlanB to GroupB. For now they are both Free and the default is set to PlanA. Then I create 2 users, 1 for each plan. However UserA is mapped to PlanA, but somehow he is mapped to GroupB. UserB is mapped correctly to PlanB and GroupB.

Any thoughts what could be wrong?

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #178990 by nant

hiya83 wrote: Hi Nick,

I actually obtained CBSubs and am working with it when I come across an issue while testing. So I have 2 Joomla ACL User Groups, GroupA & GroupB. Then I created 2 Plans in CBSubs, PlanA & PlanB. PlanA has User Group setting within the "Subscribers User access level settings" section under the Access tab set to GroupA and PlanB to GroupB. For now they are both Free and the default is set to PlanA. Then I create 2 users, 1 for each plan. However UserA is mapped to PlanA, but somehow he is mapped to GroupB. UserB is mapped correctly to PlanB and GroupB.

Any thoughts what could be wrong?

Thanks!

I just tested and everything works here just fine.

Using Joomla 1.7.0 (1.7.1 should work also) with CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

Made 2 new J17 ACL groups under Registered called Group-A and Group-B.

Created 2 CBSubs plans that bump group to Group-A and Group-B.

Subscribed test user (from backend and frontend) to plan-A and user was added to the right Group (Registered + Group-A) and when I changed this user's plan to plan-B then he was taken away from Group-A and added to Group-B (+ Registered).

12 years 6 months ago #178994 by hiya83
Thanks for the quick response. I am using Joomla 1.6. Do you think that could be the problem?

12 years 6 months ago #178997 by nant

hiya83 wrote: Thanks for the quick response. I am using Joomla 1.6. Do you think that could be the problem?

Yes - Joomla 1.6 is dead - upgrade to 1.7 and make sure you are using CB 1.7 also.

12 years 6 months ago #179080 by hiya83
I see. If that's the case, let me get your professional opinion. I am planning to use Virtuemart as well with Joomla & CB, however I also intend to use the multiple User Groups functionality in Joomla. Given that Virtuemart 2.0 isn't out and since the integration of CB and VM1.9RC2 is not stated to be supported by the CBSubs VM plugin, should I just backtrack to J1.5 and use the original tested VM and the CB plugin? The problem with that however is J1.5 don't have multiple User Groups which I am hoping to utilize. What would you do?

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn