User register into different groups

12 years 6 months ago #181087 by hiya83
Replied by hiya83 on topic Re: User register into different groups
Thanks for that suggestion, but I tried that and doesn't seem to work.

So I have 2 menu modules correponding to each menu for each plan. I turned them on for all pages and set each to be restricted to each plan under Integrations > Extensions > By Module, but both modules seem to be always shown regardless of who is logged in/not logged in.

So then I just restrict each module's enabling in joomla to the pages of each plan, but the earlier problem still appears. Like for e.g. I log in as PlanB user and edit profile, and after pressing cancel, it goes back to the PlanA menu module, since that was the first My Profile Menu Item created.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #181157 by hiya83
Hi Nick,

Any thoughts about the above?

Also 1 other question which is not related to the above: I am trying to change how the lists are formatted and am running into some issues. So in comprofiler.html.php in function usersList and under the comment " // Render the list itself:", I am trying to access $myUser->_comprofilerUser but that's null. I did a $myUser->load() with userid as a test and that didn't work either. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #181158 by hiya83
For the 2nd question, I think I should be using the $users array instead, but it'll still be nice to know how to populate a moscomprofilerUser::_comprofilerUser :)

Thanks

12 years 6 months ago #181166 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User register into different groups

hiya83 wrote: Hi Nick,

Any thoughts about the above?

No thoughts as this works in my testing.

Also 1 other question which is not related to the above: I am trying to change how the lists are formatted and am running into some issues. So in comprofiler.html.php in function usersList and under the comment " // Render the list itself:", I am trying to access $myUser->_comprofilerUser but that's null. I did a $myUser->load() with userid as a test and that didn't work either. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Please post your new question as a second thread. Also please use the Advanced forum area for better response times.

12 years 6 months ago #181168 by hiya83

nant wrote:

Just to confirm: did you do something similar to this? or did I do something totally wrong?

" So I have 2 menu modules correponding to each menu for each plan. I turned them on for all pages and set each to be restricted to each plan under Integrations > Extensions > By Module, but both modules seem to be always shown regardless of who is logged in/not logged in. " And each menu has a "User Profile" Menu Item as well. Is that right?

Thanks.

12 years 6 months ago #181178 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User register into different groups

hiya83 wrote:

nant wrote:

Just to confirm: did you do something similar to this? or did I do something totally wrong?

" So I have 2 menu modules correponding to each menu for each plan. I turned them on for all pages and set each to be restricted to each plan under Integrations > Extensions > By Module, but both modules seem to be always shown regardless of who is logged in/not logged in. " And each menu has a "User Profile" Menu Item as well. Is that right?

Thanks.

The test i do is as follows:

module-A is protected against plan-A (means that plan-A subscription is required for it to show)
module-B is protected against plan-B (means that plan-B subscription is required for it to show).

If I login as a plan-A subscriber then I can see module-A but not module-B (and versa).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn