User register into different groups

12 years 6 months ago #180459 by hiya83
Replied by hiya83 on topic Re: User register into different groups
yea that doesn't work either. Is YaNC newletter a CB/CBSubs package plugin? I don't recall installing it, but I want to make sure I have the original installation package before deleting it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #180461 by hiya83
I can edit the existing fields fine, I just can't add new fields.

12 years 6 months ago #180462 by hiya83
ok nm i fixed it. I had CB Profile Gallery installed (from other thread) and that was returning the error. So I guess on new field creation, it invokes something from ProfileGallery which makes sense.

Thanks for your help

12 years 6 months ago #180463 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User register into different groups

hiya83 wrote: ok nm i fixed it. I had CB Profile Gallery installed (from other thread) and that was returning the error. So I guess on new field creation, it invokes something from ProfileGallery which makes sense.

Thanks for your help

Hmm, the latest CB Profile Gallery should not have issues.

12 years 6 months ago #181080 by hiya83
As for the above, I was using the free one, not the latest one. But that should be fixed; and I extended it myself for simple album support.

New question I have w/r to menu's :) So based on the type of user, I have a different menu, and on each menu, there is a My Profile link which is essentially a comprofiler (User Profile) menu item. And in the workflow, I direct each subscription type to a different link based on the alias of the menu item for My Profile on each menu. Now the problem is everytime one of the CB components cancels or accepts or anything that results in a return to the main profile page, it always ends up using the first created menu instead of the menu corresponding to the user. I think I read somewhere you can only have 1 menu item of type (User Profile). Is that true? If so, is there anyway to support my case scenario where there are different menus for different account types, and each have a My Profile link to the main profile page?

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #181085 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User register into different groups

hiya83 wrote: If so, is there anyway to support my case scenario where there are different menus for different account types, and each have a My Profile link to the main profile page?

Thanks!

You can create a different menu module and use cbsubs protection to only show that module to specific member plans.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn