Cannot upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 - duplicate entry in PRIMARY

6 years 8 months ago #296146 by jurgeng
1. You provide exact Joomla version: 3.7.4
2. You provide exact Community Builder version and make sure that it is the latest: while upgrading from CB 2.1.2 to 2.1.3
3. You provide exact PHP version and MYSQL version: PHP 7.1.8 - MySQL 5.6.36
4. You provide exact steps so we can replicate the exact issue you are seeing on our clean install

Sorry, I can't tell you why this upgrade fails.
Steps on my site:
Extensions >> Manage >> Update >> Shows that there is a new version of CB (2.1.3)
When trying to update, it fails while a warning is fired

5. You give exact details of complete error message or behavior you are seeing

This is the warning:
Warning
Duplicate entry '52' for key 'PRIMARY'
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_comprofiler.zip

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296157 by jurgeng
Just as an addition: CB has been running on this site since it was Joomla 3.0 - I've been updating ever since (oh, and I had it on J2.5 and even 1.5 with this site)

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296180 by krileon
Download latest release manually from our downloads page below then retry.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

You can also download latest CB from its product page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder

Aside from that it seams like an issue with your _extensions table. Probably incorrect auto increment value. The error doesn't state the full query that failed so I've no idea where the error is coming from exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296198 by jurgeng
Hi,

I agree that the error message is lacking in detail. I did as you suggested and downloaded the version directly from the site and installed it manually. This worked just fine. As a result, I'm assuming there is a bug in the upgrade path (assumingly for very specific cases, otherwise it would have been inundated here with reports) and why I initially reported this as a possible bug.

Anyways, thanks for replying.

6 years 8 months ago #296215 by krileon
Sounds like a bug with Joomlas update functionality. I've no idea to be honest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn