non-english character problem when save

6 years 8 months ago #296616 by saman2
hi
in sometimes when i want to save non english(in this case i use persian) character in the CB profile from the back-end , the character change to ???? and save in database.
look at the picture:

this problem only occur for additional field that i added that.(and it's label is persian too)
are you need additional information?
this problem some time occur not at all time, sime time when i edit some data of that's field.i was can't find logical for this problem time's.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296647 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic non-english character problem when save
Your database collation is either wrong on the table or on the column. Needs to be set to utf8. Search forums or Google for a number of solutions, but the short of it is you need to use phpmyadmin and fix your database collation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300895 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic non-english character problem when save
hi again kerileon and excuse me for up the old topic but in 4 month ago i set the collection such as you can see in the attached picture
in the 1 , 2 , 3 not have any problem but in the 4, 5 i have ???? problem.
The common point of all the problem fields is that they are dumped through back-end management.
some times(only some time) when i edit some user through back-end, this problem is occur...
how can i solve that?
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #300911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic non-english character problem when save
The storage behavior isn't going to sometimes break. That's just not how it works. None of the collations in your screenshots will have issues with storing valid UTF8 characters. I'm guessing you've something altering their values (e.g. maybe in CB Auto Actions) before or after storage. I'm guessing those are a text or textarea field and have retested both with UTF8 characters as working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn