ERror sending mail Via SMTP

6 years 7 months ago #297163 by jczanoni
ERror sending mail Via SMTP was created by jczanoni
Hi Team,

I have an issu sending email (subscription or sending masse email via CB to user)

the Joomla test Email in the joomla configuration work well with SMTP configuration, user and pawd, but in CB i have this error message:
SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

in the server logs i have this :
PHP Warning:  stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=

My conf : Joomla 3.7.5
CB 2.1.3
PHP 7

Thank you for your Help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ERror sending mail Via SMTP
Please search before posting. This has already been answered multiple times.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/search?query=stream_socket_enable_crypto():%20Peer%20certificate%20CN&childforums=1

Joomla will fallback to phpmailer or sendmail if SMTP fails. CB does not and will simply output the error. This is typically why Joomla will continue to work despite SMTP failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297181 by jczanoni
Replied by jczanoni on topic ERror sending mail Via SMTP
Yes i've saw this answer but i don't understand how to solve it :)

6 years 7 months ago #297184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ERror sending mail Via SMTP
Try contacting your host. Their SMTP certificate host name does not match the host name they're telling you to configure in Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn