foto upload after migrating the site

6 years 1 month ago #302417 by nicolasfink
foto upload after migrating the site was created by nicolasfink
Hi,

I recently had my hosting company migrate my Joomla Website to another domain. Since then, when a user tries to change his avatar picture, I get an error : Unable to open image /home/web/schweizerjugendchor.ch/www/tmp/ef1af8943baa8d7b1d76a7cbe0e1e6de.tmp

What can I do?

Thx,

N

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302427 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic foto upload after migrating the site
Ensure Log and Temp directory paths are correct and valid in Joomla global configuration (see System and Server tabs). PHP is unable to do anything with the file either due to the path being wrong or folder permissions being wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302649 by nicolasfink
Replied by nicolasfink on topic foto upload after migrating the site
thank you for your reply. I had problems updating components, and after changing the directories to /home/web/schweizerjugendchor.ch/www/logs - that worked again. still, it is not possible to upload pictures onto the profile... any idea? what should the permission of these folders be? Thanks for your help!

6 years 1 month ago #302678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic foto upload after migrating the site
Refer to Joomla documentation regarding folder and file permissions. We can't assist with server related issues. There should never be a problem like this out of the box and is typically a sign of incorrectly configured server or Joomla installation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn