CB Connect Bug

5 years 11 months ago #304282 by giorgionasis
CB Connect Bug was created by giorgionasis
Hallo,

I want to report this one. I deleted an app i created in facebook developers and create a new one.

After that I filled the new ID and secret to cb connect for facebook. When I am trying to login I have a message of bad response and that the app is deleted.

If I restore again the deleted app from facebook appeal, it is working.

Also no matter what APP ID to give in the parameter of the plugin I still have the same message, that the app is deleted, not that it does not exist.

Like it is not recognizing the new ID of the app.

Any idea?

thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304308 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Bug
Your subscription expired in 2015 and you've no recent download history of CB Connect. This means you're massively out of date. You can't let that happen for something like CB Connect because it's at the mercy of these social sites changing their API whenever they feel like. In this case Facebook has changed their API. You created a new application, which is forced into latest API. You will have to resubscribe and update CB Connect or continue using your old application that works since it's locked into the older API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304317 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic CB Connect Bug
You are 100000% right..I am going now to update it.

I will come back if something is not going well with the configuration but you have a very detailed guide.

NOTICE: a newly created app in Facebook uses the last 3v not able to downgrade it

thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds