Fields only visible for special user group

5 years 10 months ago #305549 by AndyMarchand
Fields only visible for special user group was created by AndyMarchand
Hello CB Experts

I'm new to CB and I'm building up a new site für our firefighters team.

I'm trying to set up the following scenario: The public site shows general information (user group "public"). To get more information, especially about the actual emergency operations, I want users to register and become part of the "registered" user group by entering name, e-mail-address and just basic informations about themselves.

Then I created a child usergroup called "registered crew" for our firefighter crew members. As soon as a crew member registers, an administrator will migrate him into this user group. Now I would like to show more profile fields to only the members of this child group "registered crew", so that the firemen could enter additional informations (rank, training status, firefighters unit...) to their profile, which the normal "registered" users, who are just registered visitors and not members of our firefighters team, don't have.

Is there a possibility or an add-on to CB, that would let me decide, whether certain fields just show up in profiles belonging to members of a certain user group or child user group?

Thanks for your help!
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields only visible for special user group
You'd need to use CB Conditional for that. You'd condition your additional fields to display based off the usergroup of the user having "registered crew". The rest of your needs are already available as just core functionality of CB. If you only want the registered crew users fields to show strictly to other registered crew users you won't need CB Conditional and can just set the view access level of the tab those fields are on accordingly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyMarchand

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn