problem with ""Force require password reset"

5 years 5 months ago #308510 by Gerdchen07
New users have to change their password at the first login. But it dosen't work. After clicking "Login" the browser tries to open:
/index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit&Itemid=21

I get an error: "If Safari can't open the page because too many redirects occurred"

What could I do to solve the problem??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308518 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem with ""Force require password reset"
Ensure you've the latest CB build installed which is 2.2.1+build.2018.11.01.17.21.41.e3e5bf527. Next ensure "Community Builder System plugin" within Extensions > Plugins is public, published, and ideally ordered as the first system plugin. If still having issues edit "Community Builder System plugin" and under Parse URLs tab ensure both rewrite and redirect urls is enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3cellhosting

5 years 5 months ago #308528 by Gerdchen07
Replied by Gerdchen07 on topic problem with ""Force require password reset"
Now the browser opens the page, but the new password was not saved. So the user has to chance the password again, so that he is in a loop.

5 years 5 months ago #308552 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem with ""Force require password reset"
I don't know what more to suggest. It should send them to profile edit. There they should be able to edit their Password field to change it. Clicking Update should change it fine. This is working in all my tests and the behavior was not recently touched in Joomla or CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310469 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic problem with ""Force require password reset"
Hi Gerdchen07, Kyle,

I had the same problem. I followed your instructions for plugin and the rewrite URLs was disabled. Once I enabled that setting the reset password worked correctly. I no longer had the too many redirects loop.

Kyle - Thanks for the suggestion because I would never have found that solution on my own. B)

Best regards

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn