Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?

6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #335560 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your patience.
With your help, I almost set up a private messaging system on a test site. There was one little thing left that I decided to ignore for now, so I began to transfer the new settings, including the override.php file, to the production site.

But then new, incomprehensible problems emerged.
  Community Builder displays a message

/** * WARNING: * Do not make changes to this file as it will be over-written when you upgrade CB. * To localize you need to create your own CB language plugin and make changes there. */ defined('CBLIB') or die(); return array( // 17 language strings from file libraries/CBLib/CB/Database/CBDatabaseChecker.php 'FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE_WITH' => '[from] hat eine neue Private Mitteilung gesendet.

[message]', 'FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE' => '[from] hat eine neue Private Mitteilung geantwortet.', 'FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE_WITH' => '[from] hat auf Private Mitteilung geantwortet.

[message]', 'FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE' => '[from] hat auf Private Mitteilung geantwortet.

[message]', 'EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT' => '[sitename] - [subject]', 'YOU_HAVE_A_NEW_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_REPLY_43430b' => 'Sie haben eine Antwort auf Ihre Private Mitteilung', 'YOU_HAVE_A_NEW_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_0a5cd2' => 'Sie haben eine neue Private Mitteilung', );

Also I can't enter key-text pairs into the override tab in Plugin [de-DE].

My knowledge is not enough to understand the advice * To localize you need to create your own CB language plugin and make changes there. */

Does this mean that the Language Overrides system, described in
www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived
stopped working?

Thanks for the help.   

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 1 week ago #335561 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Wie kann man PMS vernünftig einrichten?
It looks like the language file was modified when we explicitly tell people not to do so. Re-install CB over the top of itself and re-install any language plugins you are using to remove the core code modifications. Download the "German (Germany) de-DE" language plugin from our localization page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Now edit that language plugin in CB > Plugin Management. You can then use the overrides functionality there to make custom language translations for de-DE language. This language will be loaded automatically by CB assuming you've a Joomla de-DE language installed and also loaded as what language we load is dependent on what Joomla has loaded. Language override functionality is shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 6 days ago #335622 by lemur
Hooray! Everything works.
True, I decided not to use overrides functionality.

Thank you very much again for your attention and support.

6 months 6 days ago #335626 by lemur
P. S.
I tried anyway to make overrides for some messages.
The override tab works great.
But it looks like using the overrides.php file is causing problems.

All the best to you, and thank you for your excellent work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.032 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn