Doc for the API ?

2 months 3 weeks ago #337014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Doc for the API ?
I cannot help you with paid products without an active subscription. So I can't go into explicit detail, but yes CB Auto Actions can be used to create REST endpoints to output whatever you like and authenticate however you like. Examples have been posted on the forums at other users requests though so you can try searching and using those as an example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337033 by crony
Replied by crony on topic Doc for the API ?
Fair enough, I'm really thinking about it.
I checked the forum, and indeed, seems to work out fine.
Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

2 months 2 weeks ago #337168 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Doc for the API ?
Where could I find these examples in the forum? I've done a search and not found anything yet.

Own Your Own Community!

2 months 1 week ago #337175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Doc for the API ?
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/245868-create-linked-cb-gallery-media-items?start=30#335321

This example creates a new media entry in CB Gallery and responds with a JSON structure.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/245843-default-password-and-redirect#333857

This example logs a user in using their username and password from an external form and responds with login success.

You're basically only limited by your own coding ability as you can use Code actions to execute whatever PHP you need and can utilize CB and Joomla APIs within it. Code conditions are also supported so you could easily implement your own custom authentication as well. Typically just a API secret token (don't use these for public usage like from JavaScript) would be enough.

Aside from that consider creating a new Joomla API plugin then you can use Joomla's API endpoint for whatever you're needing.

We'll have official API endpoints for most things at some point in CB 3.x including authentication (probably OAuth).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337178 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Doc for the API ?
Thank you Krileon! 

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds