Profile Images

1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #338042 by ANIMEE
Profile Images was created by ANIMEE
Hi all,

We recently had a problem and need to update all profile images (image brand from several companies).
We managed to get where the images are stored in the DB (in "comprofiler" table in the "avatar" field) but only the image in the details:

But in the list they still show as they have no image (and they have in the details):

I don't want to upload one by one image and add them to the user. I need to change the name of the file in the DB but where is the image from the list?

Thanks a lot for your kind help

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago #338048 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Images
Avatars are stored in the following directory.

/images/comprofiler

Looks like you're just missing thumbnail size for their image. There should be 2 files per user avatar in the above directory. The full size image and the thumbnail size. The thumbnail size should have its file named the same as the full size image, but be prefixed with "tn". Example as follows.

30_5040b39fa4d6b.jpg
tn30_5040b39fa4d6b.jpg

As for the image from the list that's just the default avatar. That's specified within your avatar field in CB > Field Management. Default avatars are stored in the following directory.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar

The default avatar will be displayed if no avatar is found. There's a couple of options for this though. You can opt for no default avatar or even have one uniquely generated per-user. Both options are adjusted within your avatar field parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds